FROM TOP LEFT ~ FOLLOWED ROW BY ROW...
1. Rose Lone Elk and Darrell New Plenty Stars ~ On their wedding day.
2. The Manderson Saint Thomas Church where they were married.
3. The house where Rose’s parents, Eugene and Bernice Yellow Boy,
lived in Pine Ridge on the day Darrell fearfully told them he
wanted to marry their daughter.
4. Darrell, with his beloved guitar, while attending Brainerd Indian
School at Hot Springs.
5. A group photo of some
the time Darrell and Rose were attending.
6. Rose and Darrell while both were enrolled in school.
7. Reverent Ellis Burchfield hands Darrell his diploma during graduation.
8. The spot where Darrell found Rev. Burchfield praying for him on a
cold snowy December night.
9. Darrell ~ during recent days, preaching.
10. The house where Darrell and Rose live today, back on the Pine Ridge
Oglala Lakota Indian Reservation.
11. The “Safe House” Darrell and Rose rented in Pine Ridge during the
who came to them at night seeking rest, food, and a shower.
Red Fish, lies interred with Chief Big Foot and his people as a result of
stretches along the center of the cemetery enclosed within a chain
13. Below the
14. What is left (some 35 years later) of a burned out builidng at
15. The site of a gas station, museum and gift shop also lost during the
fire bombing, destroying all the historic treasures displayed there.
For some reason the Web Host has wiped out all of the comments that were left here. Sorry about that!
See E-mail address center of Home Page
Shirlee Evans ~ Web Host
The town of Pine Ridge is located near the state boundary of South Dakota and Nebraska. on the Pine Ridge Oglala Lakota Indian Reservation.